Unfortunately my usual Saturday and Sunday morning EVE Gaming sessions were lost this weekend. The first due to a half day trip to catch up with my parents, the second due to a 30 minute work task taking most of the day.
I have however been logging in nightly to continue my BPO research, running up to 28 jobs across three of my characters. I’m working through my 779 BPO, getting them to ME 10 / TE 10 where practical. (I found a lot of cheaper BPO were at ME 9 and TE 9 after the change-over.)
There are another 553 donated BPO which I will turn my attention to later.
I will say again, the new Industry interface is much improved, and it is quicker and easier to submit research jobs. New players should be able to research their cheap BPO cost effectively, even with 10% Tax and a heavy job index in their system.
However, the performance is clunky and seems to be unnecessarily slow. I thought it might have just related to my BPO Library, but it is still apparent when interacting with my POS when it had less than 40 BPO in it. It can take too long to display a BPO in the top half of the industry screen when you click on it, it can take too long when you click between ME and TE research options, it takes too long to refresh the BPO list when you deliver jobs, move BPO in or out of displayed containers, or submit new jobs.
Again – the whole thing is improved, better, and I don’t want to go back. It just doesn’t seem to be working optimally.
I also spent some time arming my medium POS. It is now a scary and formidable foe with 16 small batteries, 8 sensor dampeners, and a couple each of Warp disrupters and Scramblers. I might put up more once I finish experimenting with the Reprocessing Array and remove it. Ok – when I said formidable I was only joking, it won’t stop any group of consequence, but it amuses me.
I did practice controlling them and shooting an Alt. They do a surprising amount of damage.
I did have one strange occurrence to remark on. While launching batteries from the cargo hold, one seemed to bounce off the POS and slowly move away. It would then rubber-band back before moving away again. I tried to anchor it, and while it followed the little green box, it gave some odd message about being out of sync. I had to scoop it up and jettison it again before it would work.